Monday, December 23, 2013

Interview With a TEFL Graduate

Why did you choose ITTT?
I chose ITTT as I was looking for a course which offered all that I was seeking in an ON-LINE school.  Having had reviewed other programs that were being offered, I believed that ITTT could would offer me the opportunity to complete my certification in a way that would prepare for the world of teaching English….and it did!!

How long did it take you to complete your online course?
I completed the course within 4 months

What were you hoping to gain from the course before you started it?
Having been a novice to teaching (I have a BA in Communications/Journalism – worked in television news before),  I was hoping that the course would prepare me to be the best I could possibly be in teaching english as a foreign language –

What was your first impression of the course once it began?
Having never participated in an on-line course, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.  But upon receiving my initial learning supplements, I was quite impressed by how detailed everything was, including the grammar review, exercises, etc.,  I was very impressed as it was evident that this course would provide me with all that I was seeking to accomplish and more.

Was the course difficult for you?
I will be honest in saying that some parts of the course were a “challenge.”  Particularly many of the grammar aspects – which I had studied previous, but not in sometime – it was truly a great way to review and prepare to pass on the knowledge to my future students.

Were you satisfied with the staff/customer service?
Customer service/Staff was ALWAYS available when needed – anytime I had a question, I would receive a prompt reply  -- very professional.

Did you get a job after completing the course?
YES, and I am presently employed.

Where are you teaching now?
I work for Intercountry Management, a company based in France, as an online business English teacher
I teach my students via telephone/online. Most of my students are  based in France – but I also have learners located in Denmark, Holland, Italy, Spain, and even Africa.  All of them are professionals working for major companies. 

What role did or will the course play in your teaching career?
The course has been such an asset to me.  Most schools/companies require their teachers to be certified.  I am certified both as a TEFL instructor and a BUSINESS TEFL instructor.  I believe that this played a major role in my acquiring the position which I currently hold.
  
Do you have any plans for further training or professional development?
I really enjoy the work that I do.  I have the opportunity to assist business professionals in improving their English skills – and in addition – I speak with so many wonderful people daily.  Teaching is something that I hope to continue doing in the future.

Would you recommend the course to a friend?
I would definitely recommend ITTT to anyone who is pursuing a career as a TEFLteacher.

It’s a wonderful on-line course – which is very complete, and offers the learner everything and more when it comes to becoming prepared for a career as a TEFL instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment